Welcome to the APMP Florida Sunshine Chapter Jobs Page
Job postings are limited to jobs in the following states: FL, AL, TN, KY, LA, and MS (the geographic coverage of our chapter). Please contact our webmaster at Webmaster Email to post. Job postings are made free of charge.
For experience and availability of the APMP Florida Sunshine Chapter members, please visit our Linkedin site at http://www.linkedin.com/
Director, Proposal Development
This position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of proposal development operations including the development of proposals describing the Company’s products and services, governing the team’s formal processes and managing the infrastructure of the proposal department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of the department from strategic planning to the essential details of proposal production.
- Performs substantive reviews of both text and graphics, ensures the assigned writing sections comply with RFP requirements, contain win themes, and comply with standard format and style criteria.
- Evaluates, develops, and implements tools, processes and training to improve proposal operations such as writer guides and standard operating procedures.
- Supports and guides team to achieve continuous, measurable proposal improvement including applying lessons learned from de-briefs to future proposal efforts and improving draft quality at each stage of internal draft development.
- Oversees, supports and leads the development of opportunity win themes, competitive differentiators, and defining the flow and organization of the proposal storyline.
- Manages resource allocation.
- Ensures that proposals are on track to include recognizing early signs of proposal risk and proactively addressing them.
- Functions as a key liaison with other departments on implementation of new processes
- Leads the team to follow a disciplined, collaborative proposal process.
- Leads and supports collaboration with cross-functional internal departments to ensure compelling, well-articulated proposals and integrated messaging.
- Responsible for the overall quality of proposals written, visual content and compliance with request for proposal (RFP) requirements.
- Reports relevant proposal data on a regular basis
- Leads weekly proposal team meetings to coordinate proposal activities and priorities.
- Motivates, retains and develops proposal team staff and manages staff development activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ten (10) years of experience leading multi-million dollar government proposals required.
- Five (5) years of managerial experience in government procurement, proposal writing, or project management
- Expertise with the Shipley method or other proposal best practices.
- Ability to articulate detailed methods and best practices for managing a proposal development effort from beginning to end.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately with focus on meeting all deliverables and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to engage and motivate diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent writing, editing, organizing and document layout skills
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office suite.
- APMP accreditation is preferred.
- Familiarity with Sant/Qvidian, Adobe Acrobat and Adobe FrameMaker preferred.
- Ability to travel 25% with frequent overnight stays.
Please apply online at: http://jobs.geogroup.com/job/director-proposal-development/J3K3G36KZVKQ4W0P938/
or visit The GEO Group at www.jobs.geogroup.com
Marketing Coordinator – Tampa
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Coordinator in our Tampa, FL office. The successful candidate will need to have significant writing and editing abilities and be able to complete work assignments independently.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assume responsibility for proposal production and coordination as assigned.
- Establish and manage proposal schedules and checklists.
- Set proposal schedule for each assignment.
- Research staff qualifications, previous firm experience, previous firm proposals.
- Develop, organize and maintain database of materials necessary for proposal submission.
- Develop, organize, and standardize materials necessary for presentations.
- Develop and maintain staff resumes.
- Frequently monitor websites for advertisement of new solicitations.
- Maintain company database (Vision) opportunities, clients, and contacts
- Upkeep and submission of prequalification packages.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in marketing or related courses.
- Five to ten years of experience in marketing for engineering or related industry firms.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Photoshop. Knowledge of Illustrator and InDesign a plus.
- The candidate must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
We offer a professional work environment, competitive salary, and 401(k).
For immediate consideration, please e-mail resume as an attachment in MS Word format to:
or visit Hardesty & Hanover at: http://www.hardesty-hanover.com/careers/opportunities/